I started Sunday night by using some of my sourdough "mother" to make a Levain and then I fed the remaining starter. Both were left on the counter over night to develop.
This is what the Starter looked like on Monday morning:
And this is what the Levain looked liked. It started out as a tight little ball of kneaded dough about the size of a medium size orange.
I used the Levain in a dough made with 9 cups of flour. I put it in the fridge for a slow cold rise. I'll use it later today or sometime tomorrow to make a few loaves of bread.
Then last night I used some of the recently fed "mother" to make a biga. This morning the biga looked like this:
The biga was used to make a batch of Bagel dough this morning. I'll post pictures later of the finished product.