Sunday, July 05, 2009
Chocolate Cream Cheese Loaf Cake
I was up early this morning and had time to bake something before going to work. Decided to bake a Chocolate Cream Cheese Cake. I made this once before about three years ago. The recipe neglects to say what size pan to use. I used a large loaf pan last time. This time I made two small loaves. I think the next time I will make it in a small bundt pan. The recipe comes from Zu's Kitchen.
I adjusted the recipe slightly by adding vanilla extract to both the cream cheese filling and the cake batter.
Home Cookin Chapter: Recipes From Thibeault's Table
Chocolate Cream Cheese Cake
edited From: Zu's Kitchen
250g cream cheese, softened
60g castor sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Beat cream cheese with sugar until light and fluffy
2. Beat in egg until well incorporated and set it aside
180g butter, softened
3 tbsp cocoa
120g self-raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 teaspoons vanilla
1. Sieve flour, baking powder and cocoa together and put aside
2. Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy
3. Add egg, one at a time and beat until well incorporated into mixture
4. Fold flour mixture into egg mixture.
5. To assemble, pour half of mixture ‘B’, then all of mixture ‘A’, then followed by the remaining mixture ‘B’.
6. Bake in preheat oven at (350°F)180C for 45-50 min or until skewer comes out clean.